5/06/2011

The Journey Begins


I officially started my class at Magichaschool yesterday. I was so swept up in all the information I didn’t actually start this like I originally wanted to. This really started when I was ten years old. I don’t exactly remember how it happened, but I became drawn to Wicca. I don’t mean witchcraft or worshiping the devil. I am talking about enhancing my spiritual connection with earth and nature. Since I was ten years old, it was very hard for me to get any of the materials. My father hated the idea of me wanting to be “A devil worshiper” and subsequently pushed off the thought of practicing Wicca. When I was thirteen, after my father had left, I became drawn to it again. I even bought a book for teenagers that taught witchcraft. Now when looking at that book, I realized that it wasn’t witchcraft that I wanted to learn, it was Wicca. Well, at thirteen it was but on the back burner again because of everything else that was going on in my life at the time. Everything was so complicated and confusing. Again at fifteen I was drawn to it all over again. When I talked to my friends, they laughed and gave me a hard time about it. I pushed it off again. Now, I’ve been drawn back to it. This time the feeling is a lot stronger than it had been in the past.
                Besides the fact that I didn’t even know where to start, I felt weird trying to find a coven when I really didn’t know that much about Wicca. I was very afraid that I would be laughed at. I’m rather confused, but this seems very right. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it. I keep being drawn back to Wicca and because it is so much stronger now, I think it is something I need to do.
                I did a lot of online research at first, only to find too much information that was extremely hard sifting through it. Finally, certain author’s started to pop up all over the place. Unfortunitly, because I am couch bound from a surgery, I can’t get my hands on one of them to give you the author’s name. One though, is Scott Cunningham. I really enjoy reading his book; however it’s still quite a lot of information. I really wanted someone to help guide me. Because I’m a college student, I really wished there was a class I could take. That’s when it dawned on me, there probably is. I again, I set out to search the internet. I had to sift through a ton of information again, but certain website schools kept popping up all over the place. That is how I ended up taking a class at Magickaschool. I was very skeptical of these websites at first, especially since some of them ask for outrageous prices. I came across a website that said that if you are being charge for beginner classes, you are being ripped off. A majority of Wiccan’s have no problem helping newcomers learn about the practice for free. Then it gave suggestions for free beginner class schools with fantastic programs and those couple of names showed up again.  It was then that I felt pretty good about signing up; I figured what do I have to lose?
                Yesterday I officially started my first class. I am still reading the history and working on my assignments through today, which is why I didn’t post yesterday like I had planned.  As soon as I started learning the information, I was pulled into. Sucked into this amazing world. That was when I knew for sure I was supposed to be learning Wicca. I have no doubt in my mind that I’m doing the right thing. I am very excited to be starting my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment